Sunday, August 9, 2015

Alpha Stage V.5

A large update:

  • The hotend is now going to be an E3D Kraken V6
    • (Tim of Filastruder is gracious enough to replace the included V5 heater blocks with V6 heater blocks, making the choice very easy)
    • Having it already watercooled lessens the work on me greatly.
    • Now I have to go find a proper reservoir, or make one myself with cast acrylic
    • 4 Nozzles:
      • .25 Stainless Steel for exotic and high precision filaments, CF-PLA, Gmass, Glow in the Dark, Conductive, etc.
      • 2x .4mm brass nozzles for everyday filaments, with 1 set for PLA and the 2nd for ABS or 2 ABS colors
      • 1x .8mm for High speed Draft Printing/Infill and Support
    • 4 Extruders, dual hobbed
    • 2 MAX31855 boards for two of the extruders for better temp control and increasing the thermistors on the Smoothieboard
    • 2 K-type Thermocouples
  • Tool Changing will be on the back burner for the moment until after I get the printer up and running completely.
  • the 2.8 Watt Laser cutter is also on the back burner for the moment.
  • Upgraded 24V car heater at 235W instead of the 150W on ebay and Amazon for about $29.99
  • The wall layering will be R-tech Insulation, then a Sound Dampening Panel, then a Metal Sheet on the exterior.
  • The front door will be a Polycarbonate door with a simple manual magnetic latch.
  • The bed will now be a 300mm Boro Glass + PEI + 2mm Alum. Heat Spreader and 300W heater mat
    • I realized I don't really need 400mm bed, and if I do, I'll just upgrade it.
    • the heater will be 24V because I have a Power Switchtail II on the Pi, and it will control the 800W PSU which means I can keep my home safe in case the temperatures become wild for any reason.
  • No more rotating Turntable, since it is not plausible
  • I'll have a priming bin so that I can easily brush the small plastic pieces right into it and then have a clean printing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment