Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone and I hope everyone had a holiday. Short update today since it is the new year and all.


I will be moving forward with a Snowstock derivative which itself is a derived from the Wolfstock Delta Printer. The largest difference between the two is that the Snowstock rotates the belts and puts it through the linear rail channel.

To minimize the amount of different voltages used, I will be foregoing the 110V mains IR Heater Lamp that is 240 Watts in favor of a 24v 200W car heater which I can control via an SSR and plug it straight into my 24V 792W power supply.

With a 400W bed, 200W heater, 40W hotend, 2W laser, and about 10W from Smoothieboard the total wattage is 652W at absolute max.

These leaves 140W of overhead to control other things such as sugar extruders, electromagnet, led lights, and fans. Plenty.


I will also be experimenting with sugar extrusion, by laying down powered sugar and the running over it with a flavored substrate to harden it and then build it up layer by layer. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment